Nov 22, 2018
Attracting the best employees requires some ninja strategies in
today’s tight labor market. On today’s Profit by Design
Podcast, Mike Ciavolino joins Dr. Sabrina and Mike to discuss how
to use marketing strategy to recruit. At Shore Creative
Group, Mike and his team help their clients developing a unique
Employer Brand while implementing the latest tools and techniques
in recruitment marketing. After listening to today’s show, you will
be chomping at the bit to get Mike’s free gift for
Mike Ciavolino provides a unique and practical perspective on
marketing and advertising. As owner of Shore Creative Group
having spent over 30 years in the marketing industry, Mike has
focused his energies on helping clients develop brand strategies
and marketing campaigns to better position themselves and win with
today’s changing customers.
- A company’s most important brand is really no longer their
consumer brand, but their talent brand because of the promises they
make to their customers.
- Mike C. discusses how many employers use the “spray and pray”
tactic by putting job posts all over social media or other sites,
and hoping for the right people to respond.
- Mike C. says, at times, candidates begin filling out an
application and then abandon it on the site, which can sometimes be
attributed to the many forms they must complete during the
- Employers, when considering their onboarding, need to think
like marketers. Blog, post on social media about your company, or
post on your website to pique the curiosity of potential
- Mike C. says to make the hiring process seamless and easy.
- Mike C. says to send e-mails to applicants letting them know
the next steps to expect, for which Dr. Sabrina suggests using
- Mike B. says the hiring process can be difficult and
frustrating, and that employers should have a process that’s
welcoming and entices applicants to proceed with the application
- Mike C. suggests creating a page on your website to describe
your business, or to highlight testimonials or to include an
enticing video about your business.
- Dr. Sabrina says we should design our hiring processes around
the ideal applicants we want to attract.
- Mike B. says he has to take down personal walls and been a bit
vulnerable when designing hiring practices to let applicants know
who you are and lay out qualifications for the ideal
- Mike C. says to think like a marketer to get your talent. Run
ads if you need to, and also set up a landing page or a blog on
your site to entice potential employees.
- Mike C. shares tips for coming up with content for a blog even
when you do not have very much time to blog.
- Dr. Sabrina suggests having a team member take photos of
memorable events and then share them for potential employees to
enjoy and share.
- Mike C. says recognizing employees in a special way for going
above and beyond what is expected, and showcase that information on
- Mike C. says building out your employer brand is key to
- Outline, in advance, a blueprint of what your business will
look like when you have additional team members and clients. (Mike
- Mike C says to do your due diligence when looking to hire a
recruitment marketer and Dr. Sabrina suggests talking to other
businesses who used a specific recruitment marketer to gather
information before hiring one.
- The companies with a strong employer brand really do have more
engaged employees. (Mike C)
- Dr. Sabrina says to create a great place to work and then
intentionally document it by taking photos, capturing moments on
videos, and blogging, to reinforce it and keep the whole cycle
- Mike B says that even if we have a recruiter, we still need to
make sure we have a good employer brand on our material.
- Mile C says to look at competitors’ information to see what
they are doing to recruit employees to see if what you’re doing is
in the same ballpark.
Connect with Mike Ciavolino:
SPECIAL GIFT from Mike: 50 Content Ideas to
Fuel Your Content Marketing!
Special Thanksgiving Offer: 40% off the
registration of Dr. Sabrina’s How to Hire The Best course
using the code THANKFUL.
Profit by Design Podcast
Profit by Design Facebook
How to Hire