Oct 4, 2018
On today’s Profit By Design, we are excited to have
Chad Hatfield, owner of Chad Hatfield Builders and Remodelers in
Plano, Tx. Chad and his team have won many awards, and recently won
6 ARC awards from the Dallas Builders Association. Even though
Chad’s company has endured its share of setbacks, it continues to
do stellar work. Chad, Mike and I have a candid conversation about
overcoming problems in your company by incorporating the right
screening, onboarding, and evaluation processes.
- Chad tells about setbacks, from morale to the bottom line, he
had when team members quit unexpectedly.
- Chad discusses the worst thing that’s happened to his business
including having the wrong people on the bus, not recognizing that
fast enough, and allowing them to poison aspects of the business
and his life.
- Chad shares how he screens new employees, what he looks for
when vetting, and cues that help him make a hiring
- Know exactly what you’re hiring a person to do and have a
written job description.
- Have a hiring system before interviewing someone.
- Know how you will evaluate someone in a particular position
- If asking questions to someone in a job interview makes them
uncomfortable, then question why they’re uncomfortable and whether
they are the right person.
- Chad discusses how many small business owners perform many
tasks and often wait until the very last minute to hire
- Dr. Sabrina suggests slowing down and taking your time hiring
- Onboard new employees in an intentional way.
- Chad shares how to continue accountability after 30, 60,
or even 90
- Chad discusses how employees need to know how they are being
successful or where they need to improve.
- Chad gives great advice to business owners who find themselves
in difficult situations.
- Chad stresses the importance of business owners having good
mentors and friends to call on when needed.
- Mike discusses the importance for business owners to reset
- Sabrina shares why she is passionate about creating great
places to work.
Hatfield Builders and
Remodelers in Plano, Tx
Hatfield Builders on Facebook
The 4 Week Vacation™
How to Hire the Best
Potential Leadership Bootcamp Program
Tap the Potential