May 7, 2020
In Episode 2 of this special series on self-care and strategy
for entrepreneurs, Dr. Sabrina, The Business Psychologist™,
addresses being very protective of your headspace. Her guest, Sir
Steven Wilkinson, joins her to discuss protecting another very
important asset: our businesses.
We all have a lot of extra stress in our lives today, and Dr.
Sabrina’s intention is to take care of the international
entrepreneurial community during this crisis by sharing ideas to
help us cope. Self-care for us all is extremely important during
this time, so please share this information with your team members,
who may also be feeling unsafe during this coronavirus event.
Sir Steven Wilkinson is the Founder of Good & Prosper. He was
also the VIP Speaker of the Tap the Potential 2020 Breakthroughs on
the Bayou retreat.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in
collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Look two years into your future and picture what you want your
life and your business to look like.
- Avoid the “Survival Trap ”, which is a short-term decision
that gets us through today, next week, or the next two months; but
can take us far off course.
- Are there options that can move you CLOSER to your vision?
- If we keep in mind how we want to be and how we want our
business to come out of this, we will make better short-term
decisions that better serve our future goals.
- Sir Steven weighs in on current events and on how we should be
minimizing fallout, as governments are recognizing that small
business owners are the true backbone of this entire economy.
- Dr. Sabrina’s personal philosophy when it comes to government
programs is that it’s great if it’s available, but she wants to
build her life and business in such a way that she does not need to
rely on it.
- One of the positive things that have come out of this crisis is
the return to community, and community is everything in these
- Dr. Sabrina’s tip of the week on self-care is to implement a
daily huddle with your team for the sake of morale. This can be via
zoom or phone, if necessary. Focus on providing updates, wins and
successes, and gratitude.
- Allow team members to express their fears and encourage team
members to respond in a supportive way.
- Ask your team members what support they need and look for ways
that other team members can show up and support and be a gift
during that time.
- A team topic for discussion: What random acts of kindness have
you given, experienced, or witnessed lately?
- Dr. Sabrina shares some more self-care tips:
- Protect your mindset by being very careful about the
information you take in.
- Sleep is critical in a number of ways.
- Daily exercise is important.
- Think strategically and surrounding yourself with like-minded,
- Listen to the Profit By Design Podcast.
Episodes are made up of positive conversation and sound strategies
to help keep your business sustainable.
- Assess your entrepreneurial burnout through our free assessment
HERE. This will help you look at
self-care measures that you need to put in place so that
entrepreneurial burnout does not get out of hand.
- Sir Steven discusses the creation of a FREE eBook titled
"Leadership in the Time of COVID-19” that you can download on his
Website. There’s a humorous title for it when you
- He designed the e-book with two action items in mind:
- The urgent need for restructuring; and
- How do I turn this to my advantage?
- Since we don’t know when this crisis will end, Sir Steven
offers tips and ideas that we can be working on every day.
- This is a great time to step back and determine how you should
be caring for yourself in order to be the leader you need to
- The Q-Storming process is a useful tool that bypasses tunnel
vision. Current and past clients can request a FREE laser-coaching
session. If you’ve never been a client, check out a 45-minute
Q-Storming strategy session here: https://www.tapthepotential.com/strategy. It is a
- An encouraging rally-cry: “Lead with love. Shine bright. Be a
Links and Resources:
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever.
Are you ready to take your life back from your
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your
THEN, join our
Better Business, Better Life™ program!
Tap The Potential Strategy Session for Entrepreneurs
Impacted by COVID-19
Get the Book!! How to Hire the Best - Contractors
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Get Your 2020 Action Planner Now!
The Pumpkin Plan Action Planner 2020
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST - PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in
collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Connect with Sir Steven!
Website - FREE eBook: "Leadership
in the Time of COVID-19"
Sir Steven’s Twitter
Sir Steven’s Email
The Snowball System: How to Win More Business and
Turn Clients into Raving Fans by Mo Bunnell
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a
Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike