Dec 12, 2019
What are the secrets to retaining A-Players? It comes down to
loyalty. In today’s episode, Dr. Sabrina interviews loyalty expert
Dov Baron to uncover the keys to building loyalty among our most
valued team members. Some of these insights will surprise
Dov Baron has been twice cited as one of Inc. Magazine’s “Top
100 Leadership Speakers to Hire”, also cited in the “Meeting and
Event Professionals Guide to the Top 100 Motivational Speakers”,
and he’s been named as one of the “Top 30 Global Leadership Gurus”.
Dov is a man with a finger on the pulse of the evolving world of
NextGen Leadership. He’s a best-selling author of several books.
His latest book is Fiercely Loyal: How High Performing
Companies Develop and Retain Top Talent. He is the host of the
National US TV show, “Pursuing Deep Greatness with Dov Baron” on
Roku TV, and the host of the number one podcast for Fortune 500
listeners globally, “Dov Baron’s Leadership and Loyalty Show” on
iTunes. It’s also carried by FM and AM radio stations across the
United States. Dov also writes for, and has been featured in, many
industry magazines, including being featured on CNN, CBS Small
Business Pulse, SHRM, Yahoo Finance, Boston Globe, Business in
Vancouver, USA Today, CEO, Entrepreneur, and many more.
- The biggest mistake leaders often make is assuming millennials
are not loyal.
- The biggest part of communication is listening. You have to
- Millennials stay in a job for 1.2-1.5 years, so you need to
retain them in order to get your investment back.
- Salary no longer buys loyalty.
- Something you need to know: Many top-talent millennials would
rather work for you than a large corporation. Dov
- How moving employees around based on their interests and new
opportunities can be beneficial.
- Today’s young people learn differently than we did, and that
- Dov explains why every business needs a “Chief Relationship
- You must invest in your people-learning, emotional
intelligence, and how to communicate better.
- Building relationships are crucial.
- When AI takes over a lot of jobs, you’ll be out of business
very fast if you don’t learn to build relationships with the people
who run the AI.
- Dr. Sabrina and Dov discuss employees that are a good fit, and
those that are not.
- It’s important and compassionate to help someone along to their
next opportunity if they are not a good fit in your business. They
will respect this and have good things to say about you and your
business once they have moved on. They become evangelists for your
- Dov addresses the root of the fear of conflict, which is
- There’s nothing wrong with conflict, it’s the framework that is
wrong. We often learn unhealthy models of conflict. You have to
learn healthy models of conflict, and that requires listening, and
hearing the other context.
- Conflict resolution is the ability to hear the context of the
- Context isn’t present tense, it’s always history, and they may
not know it in that moment.
- Dov describes an exercise to trigger the release of oxytocin
that doesn’t involve touch, and why oxytocin is
- You don’t have reciprocal vulnerability with an acquaintance,
but you do have it with a friend. It’s the willingness to confront
where you disagree.
- Conflict has such negative connotations, so changing the word
to “dialogue” or “narrative” can help create a safe space for team
members to come forward and address points of disagreement.
Encourage intelligence in your organization. Rebrand a conflict as
an “intelligence exercise”.
- Dov shares a compelling story and discusses the importance of
- Show up, be real, and be authentic.
Links and Resources:
Book!! How to Hire the Best - Contractors
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Get Ready for 2020!! Are you on track to creating a highly
profitable, great place to work that lets you take a 4 Week
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST - PLEASE RATE
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Apply for our small group coaching program:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Fiercely Loyal: How High Performing Companies Develop and
Retain Top Talent, by Dov Baron
Connect with Dov!
Dov would love to hear what you got out of this episode, and
what you’re going to do about it!
Take Dov’s Assessment: Evaluating Yourself in Order to Lead More
Access Matrix for FREE!! Download Dov’s
best-sellers for FREE!