Apr 30, 2020
In Episode 1 of this special series on self-care and strategy
for entrepreneurs, Dr. Sabrina lays down a framework regarding the
importance of our mindset and mental health. She encourages us to
acknowledge that the current pandemic has changed life as we know
it, and explores ways to help us think more strategically about how
this situation can help prepare us and our business for any future
Listen in to hear Dr. Sabrina’s tips and resources that will
help you cope so that you can not just survive, but thrive.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in
collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- In studying entrepreneurs and assessing their levels of
entrepreneurial burnout, Dr. Sabrina is seeing a very strong
correlation between burnout and gaps that exist in our
- Many entrepreneurs in the Tap the Potential community have been
practicing Profit First, which is a great way to
strengthen your business foundation and provide you with cash
reserves to help get you through whatever might be happening in
- Burnout leaves us in a constant state of chronic stress, with
stress hormones coursing continuously through our bodies. This kind
of stress significantly raises our risk for depression and
- Tunnel vision causes us to miss the opportunities around
- Dr. Sabrina explains “survival trap” decisions and how Tap the
Potential shows you how to avoid these traps by helping you to
create a business plan that supports your life vision.
- Our survival instincts are great at helping us to survive but
they’re not great at moving us closer to our vision.
- Make sure that any decisions that you’re making to get through
the immediate situation are in alignment with your life
- Dr. Sabrina provides her ideas for sharing the protocol plans
with her small group clients, those in the Better Business, Better Life™
program, and the retreat alumni. She also has something to offer
those who are not current clients of Tap the Potential.
- What is Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and its relevance to
- If you haven’t already, get a baseline of your entrepreneurial
burnout by taking the FREE assessment here https://www.tapthepotential.com/assessment.
- Dr. Sabrina shares the “Veggies First” philosophy: It is
critical that you take care of yourself first.
- Here are some tips, which Dr. Sabrina explains in detail:
- Get adequate sleep
- Maintain a healthy mindset
- Practice Mindfulness (Dr. Sabrina enjoys the Calm
- Limit your media consumption and make it off-limits in the
- Your thinking is the average of the five people with whom we
spend the most time, so surround yourself with people who think in
a healthy, positive way.
- Tap the Potential’s resources to help support you:
- The Profit By Design Podcast airs each Thursday covering
healthy conversations that are good for your mindset.
- The Q-Storming process, which is a useful tool that bypasses
- Check out a 45-minute Q-Storming strategy session here:
https://www.tapthepotential.com/strategy. It is
a $250 investment.
- Strategic thinking, making those decisions, and looking for
those opportunities will move you closer to your business goal that
supports your life vision.
Links and Resources:
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever.
Are you ready to take your life back from your
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™
Tap The Potential Strategy Session for Entrepreneurs
Impacted by COVID-19
Survival Trap Image
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
Get the Book!! How to Hire the Best - Contractors
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Get Your 2020 Action Planner Now!
The Pumpkin Plan Action Planner 2020
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST - PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in
collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Profit First: Transform Your Business from a
Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike