Jan 2, 2020
Welcome back to Dr. Sabrina’s end-of-year strategic planning
This episode is all about your life! At Tap the
believe work supports life and not the other way
Going into 2020 we need to be strategic about our life and how
we set our business up to support the lifestyle that we want to
What has your business done for you lately?
Go ahead and grab a notebook or journal and a pen, and be sure
to write your answers down.
- Dr. Sabrina invites you to download the Wheel of Life tool to
use during this episode and explains the concept behind it.
- How are you growing yourself as a person?
- Completing the old process - this is an exercise shared by Dr.
Sabrina from her first coach, Lisa Kramer.
- This gift-to-yourself is a powerful end-of-year exercise ritual
that Dr. Sabrina has participated in for about 15 years.
- Step 1: Look at all the different areas of your life that are
reflected on the Wheel of Life and list out your wins, successes,
and breakthroughs during 2019. Conversely, list out your losses,
disappointments, and breakdowns in each area of the Wheel of
- Step 2: Create the new. Write out your list of wins, successes,
and breakthroughs that you want to have for 2020. Be very specific
and write them as if they’ve already happened.
- Step 3: Go through each area on the Wheel and rate your current
satisfaction in that area. Lower numbers reflect lower
satisfaction, higher numbers reflect higher satisfaction.
- Step 4: After rating each area of the Wheel, shade in your
ratings. This gives you a visual image of your current experience
in your life.
- If we think about the Wheel as a tire on the unicycle of life,
if we have areas on our wheel that are not fully inflated, we’ll be
in for a bumpy ride on this road of life. If we have low ratings
across the Wheel, we’re having to go through life with a deflated
- Consider picking out one area on the Wheel that you’ll be very
intentional about improving in 2020.
- What is it in your life that you’ll choose to focus on? Think
through the actions that you need to take to increase your
satisfaction with that area in your life.
- Dr. Sabrina discusses high-quality leisure time versus
low-quality leisure time.
- In the book Digital Minimalism, author Cal Newport
goes into all the different ways that we become addicted to social
media, and the things that happen within social media that feed
- Newport suggests that we get as strategic with our leisure time
as we do with the way we plan our businesses.
- What is it that you’ve wanted more time for in your life in
2020? Start using that time that you intentionally carve out from
your business to support your interest in those endeavors.
- Dr. Sabrina shares a few things that has set herself up for
success on her current 4 Week Vacation™:
- She deleted all of her social media apps from her phone so that
she does not have access.
- She has given thought to the leisure time activities that she
wants to be intentional about pursuing.
- She has committed to being more strategic with her leisure time
while on sabbatical.
- Creating a vision board for 2020 can be a profound activity in
terms of insights and ‘A-ha’ moments. Start with old magazines and
cut out the pictures that speak to you. Put those images on the
vision board. Also, look for pictures that support your vision for
2020. You can design this board any way you wish. The more we hold
our vision in front of us, the more likely we are to spot
opportunities that will help bring that vision to
Links and Resources:
Book!! How to Hire the Best - Contractors
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Get Ready for 2020!! Are you on track to creating a highly
profitable, great place to work that lets you take a 4 Week
This Can Be Used As A Strategic-Planning
Get Your 2020 Action Planner Now!
The Pumpkin Plan Action Planner 2020
Get Your FREE Wheel of Life Here!
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST - PLEASE RATE &
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Join Tap the Potential’s Exclusive Small Group Coaching
Start your journey with us by taking our Assessment:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Listen to the First Two Episodes of Dr. Sabrina’s
End-of-Year Strategic Planning Series Here!
Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport