Sep 26, 2019
Thinking BIG! That’s what my guest, Geraldine Carter, and I will
be talking about on today’s show. We’re having a conversation about
where we play small, how to think bigger, and the importance of
mindset. Geraldine shares with us her favorite tips for having a
more positive growth-oriented mindset, and I share some of mine, as
well. Come join us!
Geraldine Carter specializes in coaching CPAs to help them grow
their accounting practice. Her podcast, She Thinks Big, supports
business owners to think bigger about what is possible while
creating new thought patterns that lead to higher levels of profit.
Geraldine co-founded a company in 2008 that has gone on to generate
millions for sustainability, completed an Ironman in 12 hours, and
is an ICF Certified Coach with more than 800 hours of mindfulness
training. In her spare time, she rides her mountain bike in her
hometown of Missoula, Montana, or runs after her 2 tiny kiddos.
- Geraldine’s favorite tool to share with clients that really
helps them grasp the ideas of mindset being at choice is borrowed
from Mel Robbins: the “54321” with breath behind it. When you’re
feeling annoyed, agitated, upset, stuck, you take 5 breaths, and
you count back from 5.
- Dr. Sabrina’s favorite tool is The Choice Map™ by Dr. Marilee
Adams. It’s a visual, and we get to choose whether we want to go
down the Learner Path or the Judger Path. If at any time we find
ourselves going to the Judger Pit, which is where the Judger Path
takes us, we can change our questions to get ourselves on the
- How mindset plays in to designing your business so that you can
reclaim your life.
- Geraldine explains how to move past an identity crisis in order
to fulfill the role that we would like to be creating.
- Dr. Sabrina discusses where fear comes from, and how the
mindsets that are grounded in fear no longer serve us.
- Same thinking = same results.
- Where money leaks out of our business because of our
- Accounts receivable over 90 days & various examples
- How to have the awkward conversations
- Tips for course-correcting boundary issues:
- self awareness
- observing the thoughts that go through your head
- being curious with kindness
- mindfulness that it’s happening
- asking yourself what can you do differently the next time it
- Observing the impact (to yourself and others) of not keeping
boundaries can often be a motivator to do things differently next
- How to meld bookkeeping, which, by nature, is historical, and
coaching, which is looking forward.
- Focusing on wins and successes: do more of what works!
- Learning to systemize what works is where we really start to
Links and Resources:
Apply for Tap the Potential’s Exclusive Small Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! - https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
The Choice Map™: https://inquiryinstitute.com/CM.pdf
Connect with Geraldine!
Opt-in Gift from Geraldine!
FREE eBook “Where to Find $50K Hiding in Plain Sight in
The 5 Second Rule: Transform Your Life, Work, and
Confidence with Everyday Courage, by Mel Robbins
Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 12 Powerful
Tools for Leadership, Coaching, and Life, by Marilee Adams,