Jun 6, 2019
Did you know that systems will make you successful? Randall Soules is a systems
guy. He has always had a profitable business and attributes this to
his systems. In
today's episode, he will be talking to us about the impact that
systems can have on smoothing out the emotional ups and downs that
clients and customers experience in dealing with our businesses.
Tune in now, to find out more.
Randall Soules is one of six children of missionary parents to
Brazil. He had no experience with carpentry until the age of 23,
after three years of trying his hand at mechanical engineering at
the University of Virginia. He has always enjoyed working with his
hands and mechanical engineering didn't cut it for him. He started
as a laborer and worked his way through the carpentry
apprenticeship program, winning the city and state apprenticeship
contest and going on to the national contest in Las Vegas. He
started his own company, Soules Construction, in 1978, doing
anything he could to feed his wife and two boys. He quickly made a
name for himself in the city of Chattanooga. In 1985, he merged
with another company and started Artis and Soules, Inc. It was in
this company, running at times five crews, that he created simple,
effective systems to navigate the complex field of remodeling. His
company moved into high-end design building remodeling, becoming
the go-to company in the city. He retired at the age of 60, and now
spends his time podcasting, writing, and creating content for his
membership site, The Scientific Remodeling System.
- Randall's business focuses on educating about scientific
remodeling systems. He explains why that is important to him.
- The marvel of having all your systems in place.
- Randall's wife never visited a job site. She just worked with
the information that Randall brought her to do the
- Her estimations would be correct within 5% every time.
- Randall used to think that helping his clients was giving them
a really good price. Now he knows that helping them is charging a
price where he makes a really good profit.
- What a 50% margin means to Randall.
- Randall talks about a really tough customer he had.
- Rough jobs are worth it when you've priced them
- Randall explains why systems are everything.
- Randall explains how long it took to build and refine a
- Randall gives a realistic idea of what incorporating his
scientific remodeling system in your business could do for your
- You have to believe in a system and try it, to make it work for
- Randall explains why, for sales, you shouldn't go to your
customer's homes. They should come to you.
- Opportunities for women in the construction industry.
- The kinds of emotional ups and downs that systems could prevent
or smooth out in a remodeling project.
- Randall explains the zero punch list.
- Why Randall's small business has always been profitable.
- Randall talks about the great trips he has taken with his
family, as a result of having systems in place in his
- Randall explains how important it is to be passionate about
your life and to enjoy what you do.
- The different topics that Randall talks about on The Remodeling
Business Blueprint Po.