Nov 15, 2018
On today’s Profit by Design Podcast, our guest is
Jeffrey Shaw, author of the book Lingo. In order for a
business to attract more and more ideal clients and customers, we
have to understand the lingo of the ideal clients, which is what
Jeffrey shares on today’s episode.
Having been one of the most sought-after portrait photographers
in the U.S. for more than three decades, Jeffrey Shaw, a.k.a. the
Lingo Guy, uses this honed intuition to teach entrepreneurs how to
attract their ideal customers by speaking their Secret Language.
Jeffrey is the host of the popular business podcast Creative
Warriors, a nationally acclaimed keynote speaker, a business
coach for entrepreneurs, and author of the book,
LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make
Your Business Irresistible.
- Jeffrey shares the bumpy start he had beginning his photography
business in his hometown when he realized he was speaking the wrong
lingo to his clients.
- After the passing of his father, Jeffrey realized that he was
exhausting himself, yet pushing forward.
- Dr. Sabrina shares that often, entrepreneurs stretch themselves
thin and don’t pay attention to the signs of their exhaustion and
that she and Mike began the Profit By Design
Podcast to give strategies, mindset tools, tips, and techniques
so that entrepreneurs, perhaps in this situation, can have a
sustainable business that supports the lifestyle they deserve.
- Dr. Sabrina shares about The Pumpkin Plan,
by Mike Michalowicz, which includes knowing who your top clients
- Jeffrey tells how to speak someone’s lingo, which involves
knowing what someone may want before they even ask for it and
really speaking to their heart.
- Jeffrey explains that he needed to work with wealthy people
because he understood them, not because they had money. He wanted
to work with others who thought as he did.
- Jeffrey shares how studying people evolved into a 5-part
- If you are not attracting the clients you want, you may need to
consider Jeffrey’s 5-step system: 1) Perspective 2) Familiarity 3)
Style 4) Pricing psychology 5) Words that speak to your ideal
- Jeffrey gives advice on how to hire the ideal employees for
- Jeffrey says the energy built in the back room of your business
permeates the front room. Clients will notice the energy put
- Lingo, spoken and unspoken, binds people together.
Gift from Jeffrey Shaw:
Jeffrey is offering a free gift to you. He will review your
website with your ideal client in mind and make suggestions,
following his Secret Language System, to make your site more
effective in attracting your ideal clients. Go to Lingoreview.com
to take advantage of this offer.
Lingo Review website
Creative Warriors Podacast
Jeffrey Shaw Photography
Profit by Design Podcast Website
Profit by Design Facebook group