Oct 11, 2018
What has your business done for you lately? Is your business
running you rather than you running your business? On today’s
Profit By Design, Dr. Sabrina Starling hosts a special
Ask Dr. Sabrina segment to answer an important question
asked by a listener. You’re going to absolutely love this episode
because Dr. Sabrina takes time to really dive deeply into answering
the all-important question relevant and important to each of you:
How do you actually start freeing up your time in your business to
work toward that 4 Week Vacation?
- Dr. Sabrina discusses interrupting your patterns of behavior so
that you can make well-thought-out decisions, rather than making
decisions while in a fight or flight mode.
- It may feel awkward to put your phone down and step away from
your business for even an hour, so expect it.
- Dr. Sabrina suggests it’s easy to just get into “busy mode” and
solve problems rather than creating a system to take care of the
problem if it should occur again.
- Remember why you began your business and the lifestyle you
wanted to create? Dr. Sabrina says there are questions you need to
ask yourself as to why you are not yet reaching your goals, and
many are included on Dr. Sabrina’s webinar.
- What is Context Switching? Context switching deals with how
unproductive it is to have multiple projects going simultaneously.
Dr. Sabrina describes the process developed by Gerald Weinberg in
the early 1990’s, and recently, Todd Herman created a fantastic
YouTube video related to it.
- If you are working on 3 projects simultaneously, you will
experience a 40% loss due to project switching.
- Context switching can help you realize that your projects are
competing and that you really need to focus on the most important
project in order to get you the most forward momentum.
- Dr. Sabrina discusses the $10,000.00 an Hour Webinar and how
you take steps to work toward it.
- What areas of your business can you automate in order to free
up your time? Dr. Sabrina suggests taking a long look at this and
to put systems in place to automate what you can.
Gerald Weinberg’s book describing Context Switching, Quality Software Management:
Todd Herman’s YouTube video on
10K An Hour Webinar
The 4 Week Vacation™ Program
How to Hire the Best
Tap the Potential website